We are looking for an experienced Technical Accountant with excellent IT skills who is keen to take the next career step. Ideally you will have sound supervisory experience and strong people skills to develop into this varied financial management role.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to deliver a fit for purpose accounting, and treasury management service that support the achievements of the Council’s objectives. You will manage the Accountancy Team providing management and financial accountancy support to the Council. Responsible for the formulation of the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) financial strategy and policies, the budget and Council tax setting process; Collection Fund; revenue and capital accounting and financing. This is a pivotal post in providing quality financial advice to Officers and Elected Members. No two days are ever the same.
It is essential that the successful applicant possesses a broad range of IT skills including a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other IT packages.
The Council appointed a new Chief Executive earlier in the year and he will transform the Council. The post holder will be involved in assisting with this, helping the Council to meet challenges and ensure its financial stability for the future. Alongside this, the Council has been granted £19.4m from the Government Levelling Up Fund so there are undoubtedly some interesting and exciting challenges in the near future.
Arun is currently operating a hybrid working arrangement, which is under review, and the base for this role will be the Civic Centre in Littlehampton.
What we can offer you:
- 37 days paid leave (inclusive of bank holidays), or 40 days if 5 years+ LG continuous service is held - PLUS Flexi-Time
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Flexible working scheme & ability to work remotely/hydrid arrangement
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simply Health Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
Closing Date: 26 June - 23.55pm
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, Please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.