We are seeking an Intelligence Analyst to help us develop new intelligence and insights, as part of our new Place Services Intelligence team.
We are looking for a candidate who can empower service managers and decision-makers with actionable intelligence about the activity and performance of a wide range of services. This will involve developing complex data analytics and reporting solutions, supporting the development of an insight and intelligence culture, and delivering data-driven insights to drive operational decisions and service improvement.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the “MJ Council of the year” award. This is your chance to join an ambitious, people-focused organisation during a time of significant change, transformation and new challenges.
- Gather, assess and document the requirements for Business Intelligence products and projects.
- Extract, manipulate and integrate data so that it can be used effectively for analysis and reporting.
- Design and develop data models and processes to enable comprehensive and accurate reporting.
- Design and develop visual reports, dashboards and infographics to provide actionable data and insights for managers and decision-makers.
- Proactively identify the need for new data and analytics in response to changing national or local policies and priorities.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvements in how the Council collects, analyses and acts on data and insight.
- Experience of developing and reporting on performance measures and indicators, and designing and implementing performance management frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of how data is organised and managed in complex business environments, including relational databases and data modelling.
- Knowledge and experience of extracting and manipulating data using a coding language such as SQL, R and/or Python.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of complex data analysis tools and methods, including technology such Power BI and GIS.
- Ability to design and produce clear and compelling data visualisations in reports, dashboards and infographics.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, work to tight deadlines, and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email email@example.com so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.