It has never been a more exciting time to work for Birmingham Children’s Trust Regional Adoption Agency (RAA), as we continue on our journey to implement improvements for our Children and Adopters as well as our workforce. Whilst we have been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted we strive to be an outstanding adoption service and looking for a Panel Advisor to be part of Birmingham biggest adoption family.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Senior Practitioner to join the RAA as a Panel Advisor who will contribute to our whole service journey to outstanding by providing the safest and best outcomes for our Children and Young people. You will be part of an experienced, ‘can do will do’ adoption service and work closely with experienced adoption professionals.
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking for an opportunity to share your valuable and relevant practice-based experience, knowledge and further develop your expertise in adoption? If so, we have an opportunity to support your adoption career development through the key role of the Adoption Panel Advisor.
We are seeking to appoint an Adoption Panel Advisor, with experience of Quality Assurance, critical reviews of required documentation and reports, liasising with many key professionals in education, health and within social care and connected services.
Birmingham Children’s Trust provides 2-3 Adoption panels a month.
- You will have a good working understanding of relevant care planning and adoption legislation and be able to confidently advise the Adoption Panel on relevant statutory requirements, Regulations and National Minimum Standards.
- You will be committed to the development of consistent good practice within adoption assessments, reviews of adopters, Post Adoption allegations, and be able to quality assure documents being presented to adoption panels, to ensure they meet the required standards.
- You will be required to contribute to the statutory reporting for panel and the adoption agency and work with the adoption agency and panel to implement practice improvements identified within the agency, along with the Trust’s and Ofsted’s wider plans and strategy.
- You will be expected to work closely with Team Managers responsible for the recruitment and retention of adopters, children’s Social Workers and the Adoption Panel Chair and Adoption Panel Members.
- You will be required to participate in the training and practice updates and learning for our central list panel members and staff.
- You must be social work qualified and registered with Social work England
Our offer to you…
If you are 3yrs post qualified, you will receive a recruitment incentive payment of £3,000 (terms and conditions apply)
You will also receive a retention payment of £2,400, paid quarterly in your pay package for your duration in front-door service
27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, rising to 32 days post 5 years service, rising 35 days post 10years service
To find out more about the Trust please visit our website: birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
To find out more about our other financial offer and amazing rewards and benefits click HERE
To find out more about Birmingham as a place to live click HERE
Interested, wanting to make a difference to children who’s future will involve adoption, then this is the role for you .
If you would like to know more about the role please contact
Jane Francis, Assistant Head of Service on: email@example.com
Interviews date TBC