Role: Sports Coach
Pay Band E / SCP 7 – 11 / £20,444 - £22,129 per annum pro rata
Actual Salary: £13,815 - £14,954 per annum
(Salary negotiable within this range subject to experience)
- 27.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday (flexibility will be required)
- Term time only – 46 weeks worked per year
Start Date 1 September 2022 / Fixed term contract until 31.08.2023
The Governors of St Margaret Mary’s Infant School invite applications from enthusiastic Sports Coaches who have a clear vision and commitment to learning.
Please note this post is a fixed term/temporary roll subject to funding
As a school, we can offer:
- Dedicated, hardworking and friendly colleagues
- Polite and motivated pupils who are keen to learn
- An excellent support network including a strong locality group and informed Governors
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspirational Sports Coach, who demonstrates experience of coaching or teaching young people, ideally in a school, club or community setting.
- Has a passion for sports and demonstrates creative and innovative approach to sports.
- Be committed to raising attainment, aspiration and self-esteem of pupils in early years and key stage one (ages 3-7).
- Have high expectations of pupil’s attainment and behaviour
- Be committed to our inclusive and caring environment and the achievement of every pupil in our care
- Have the ability to develop good relationships with children, staff, parents and our local community
- Will work strategically alongside Teachers, Support Staff and the Senior Leadership of the school
- Be supportive of our Catholic ethos and mission
- Have lots of energy, enthusiasm and a sense of fun
Has an outstanding knowledge of the National Curriculum for Physical Education and aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to relevant pre-employment checks - 2 satisfactory references, verification of qualifications and eligibility to work in the UK as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred-list check.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application packs are available from our school website https://www.stmargaretmarysinfant.com/information/vacancies and should be returned via email to Samantha Lackey (School Business Manager) - Samantha.Lackey@knowsley.gov.uk.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact the school office 0151 477 8815 to arrange this.
Closing Date: Friday, 24 June 2022 at 9am
Short listing Date: TBC
Interview Date: TBC