You will be working in the accounting team within Government’s Finance function (known as the Treasury) which encompasses the full breadth of core finance functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial planning, budget management, financial forecasting and investment and decision support. You will be responsible for ensuring the provision of a high-quality accounting service that supports the effective and efficient management of government financial resources, within statutory and regulatory guidelines.
These roles are one-of-a-kind and include the unique opportunity to live and work overseas in a beautiful and vibrant island community.
There are currently two opportunities within the team, one will take the lead on Management Accounting including leading on the annual budget and Medium-Term financial planning process, the other will lead on Financial Systems and Governance including finance systems administration and leading on the development and continuous improvement of financial policy, processes and procedures across the function.
- CCAB (or similar) qualified accountant
- Has at least 3 or more years of relevant experience working in finance and 2 or more years management and/or staff supervisory experience
- Ability to use initiative, produce constructive ideas, anticipate problems and develop corrective solutions.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive, as well as a lateral thinker, skilled problem solver and a supportive team player.
- Experienced at business partnering, building and maintaining collaborative relationships and credibility to effect positive change with a broad range of stakeholders
- Flexible in attitude, and keen to work as part of a dynamic and supportive team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to win confidence and maintain credibility with a broad range of stakeholders
- Fixed Term Contract, up to 4 years.
- Starting Salary £37,725 - £43,498 (depending on qualifications and experience) rising to £46,599.
- Eligibility for a 25% gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract
- 41 days paid leave, 30 days paid annual leave plus 11 government and public holidays.
- Relocation allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract
- Government housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the job description and view further information from our online vacancy page.
For further information regarding the position please contact Tracey Prior, Head of Finance, by emailing email@example.com or by calling (+500) 28400.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Timetable for Recruitment and Selection Process
Closing Date for Applications - 26 June 2022 @ 20:30GMT
Shortlisting Commencing - w/c 27 June 2022
Telephone Interviews - w/c 11 July 2022
Panel Interviews - w/c 25 July 2022
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8,000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.