The Corporate Asbestos Team is looking for a committed, tenacious and competent Asbestos Database Officer to join our busy team. This is key role within the team and will be the first point of contact for our clients, tenants and other stakeholders. It requires a polite, organised and diligent individual to carry out general administrative tasks such as:
- Assisting clients with queries and providing asbestos information
- Liaising with clients and tenants, and organise asbestos surveys for our in-house surveyors
- Produce and upload technically accurate and comprehensive asbestos reports, including floor plans, within agreed deadlines
- Quality checks of asbestos data and reports to ensure contents and technical aspects of information are accurate and in accordance with internal procedures.
- Ensure all the final documents sent to clients are accurate, of a high standard and well presented.
- Provide feedback with regards to key performance indicators, surveyors on site, reports, audit trails, etc., to the Manager.
- Entering data onto the asbestos database from surveys and removal works, and keeping audit trails up to date
- Support the implementation of a new Council wide database / management system
- Ensure procedures are followed and Client Service Level Agreements are met
- Answering the phone and dealing with issues effectively.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, smart, and have the ability to carry out the work effectively, independently, or as part of a team. The individual must:
- Have experience and knowledge of working in a similar role, in an office environment, preferably within the asbestos industry.
- Be a quick leaner and be willing to attend training where necessary
- Have good experience in use of Microsoft Software packages
- Have a good educational background
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competence in use of AutoCad software to produce floor plans is desirable
- Have good attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
This diverse role requires an individual with a high level of commitment to deliver an excellent level of customer service, exemplary project management and communication skills, with experience of working in a Local Authority or Public Sector in a similar role. The successful individual can benefit from the Councils pension scheme and flexible working, good career prospects as well as a generous salary.
Closing Date: Friday 14th September 2018 at 23:13
Interview Date: Friday 28th September 2018
For an informal conversation, please contact, Monica Kumar (Corporate H&S Asbestos Manager) on 0207 527 7256 or via email at Monica.Kumar@islington.gov.uk