G4 (£24,258 - £26,520).
Havering is a busy outer London Borough where officers with a reputation for quality and innovation contribute to many cross cutting Council wide agendas. A vacancy has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our North East London Metrology Partnership (NELMP) as a Metrology Technician
NELMP is made up of the London Boroughs of Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest, Newham and Redbridge to provide weights and measures functions on behalf of the partner authorities.
This post is 36 hours per week and will be a fixed term contract until 31st March 2023
This is an ideal opportunity for internal staff to seek a secondment to enhance and develop new skills.
The post is varied and the team is supportive and friendly.
About the Job
- Car driver, willing to drive Council van.
- Presentable and business-like manner, which projects a good Service image.
- Prepared to assist Enforcement Officers in their work, make test purchases, manage exhibits, prepare reports and statements and give evidence in court if necessary.
- Ability to travel to and work at business premises and Service locations throughout North-East London.
- Physically fit with the ability to carry and manipulate weights, equipment and goods tested within the Service activities
- Capable of occasional out of hours working, including weekends. Working in varied locations including in-house laboratories and also on site in retail, factory and industrial settings.
- Relevant qualification related to quality control or engineering.
- A commitment to further job related training e.g. Calibration work.
Experiences should include:
- Good Customer Care Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Able to work independently
- ICT skills in word, excel, Microsoft Teams
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Writing reports and keeping accurate records
- Full Driving Licence
Based in Hornchurch but required to work off-site at retail/industrial premises including garages/weighbridges/factories. Available to work evenings and/or weekends.
For the full job description please click here.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact email@example.com
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 30th June 2022 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interview date to be confirmed.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want everyone to choose Havering. When you apply for a job with us, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. Our residents and service users come from all walks of life, and so do our employees.
The Authority has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please be aware that a DBS check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provi