We support people to be at their best.
We have the autonomy to do the right thing.
We want to help our residents live as independently as possible and our Occupational Therapists have a vital role to play in that. They give people the time, resources and support they need to make a tangible impact on their everyday lives.
You'll have a supportive team and a manageable caseload; you'll have a voice and you'll be valued - if you think somethings needs to change, we want to hear about it.
This is an opportunity for development and to change lives for the better.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
The Enhanced Intermediate Care Service is a fast paced and supportive multi-disciplinary team, working closely with our excellent In House Intermediate Care Service. We prevent people going into hospital unnecessarily, support then when they come out and provide quality reablement to keep people as independent as they can be. We visit people in their own homes and involve them in all aspects of the support, as well as their families and anyone else important to them. We are mostly home based when not visiting people, but we have a fabulous, revamped office space near the centre of Bracknell, with free parking.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To act as a key worker, ensuring that people have timely assessment, reablement and regular review of their progress and needs, to develop person-centred SMART Goals and support plans designed to meet needs in ways that maximises independence, choice and control, and are legal and affordable.
- To work autonomously within the scope of your practice, being accountable for your work, identifying your limitations and seeking support where necessary.
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team, participating in the development of services and providing direction and assistance to support workers on the implementation of reablement plans.
- To ensure that your practice is up-to-date and evidence based.
- Take an active part in your own supervision and appraisal
- To be responsible for your continuous professional development, attending all mandatory training and specialist training where appropriate.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Staff café and break out spaces
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
A hard working, passionate OT who cares about people and wants to be part of a great team. We want someone who wants to learn and develop their skills to support the residents of Bracknell to be as independent as they can be.
Interviews will be held w/c 13th June 2022.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Eleanor Mulhern, Assistant Community Services Manager
Tel.: 01344 351410
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.