An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Social Worker post in the Leaving Care Team, Future Directions. You will be working with young people aged sixteen to eighteen years of age. Transitioning from care can be daunting and scary, your role is to ensure that young people are fully equipped and prepared to navigate their way through to adulthood. Your role will also be to ensure young people are provided with the skills they need to become independent, their voices are heard, and their potential is fully recognised.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Social Worker who wants to make a difference to join our stable and dedicated team. We have fantastic learning and development opportunities, and we highly value our staff.
We want every young person within our service to achieve all their aspirations in life, be safe and strive for the best. We want to recruit a passionate Social Worker who can be a strong advocate, work closely alongside partner agencies and teach young people that giving up isn’t an option.
In Barnsley we are deeply committed to getting the best outcomes for our young people. Having Social Workers who are enthusiastic, committed, and passionate will make a difference. Do you think this could be you? Young people and families are at the centre of all that we do, and our practice is underpinned by established relationships and really knowing and understanding the young people who we work with.
In Future Directions we support Social Workers to develop excellent assessment and analytical skills, which is key to understanding young people’s worlds. We are a very supportive and long-standing team. You will be fully supported to develop the confidence to make timely decisions and implement Pathway Plans with achievable goals to ensure the best possible outcomes.
We are an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ authority and remain highly aspirational to deliver ‘even better’ services and outcomes for children, young people, and their families in the borough.
Why it’s great to work in Barnsley:
· A highly competitive Social Work salary up to £41,881 for experienced Practitioners.
· We offer a welcome payment for new employees.
· High quality regular supervision.
· A supportive and a nurturing Management team that encourages learning and development.
· Flexible working.
· A commitment to continuous professional development with a strong training and development offer for staff at all levels
· An ASYE programme designed to support newly qualified practitioners to have additional support through their first year in practice
· Relocation package
· Good IT support and equipment
· A commitment to health and wellbeing and access to dedicated assistance programme.
· Just 4 You Benefits https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/jobs/just4you/
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.