Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting a dynamic and experienced Team Manager to join our Mental Health Social Work team.
As Team Manager, you will lead your team to effectively deliver mental health services which provide the best possible outcomes for people with ongoing mental health difficulties. In one of London's largest boroughs, you'll face a diverse client group and a broad range of issues.
This highly rewarding role will offer you the opportunity to develop your management skills. Through your inspirational leadership, drive and experience you will develop and support your team, maximising their potential and performance.
If you're already a team manager or an experienced practitioner with supervisory experience, keen to become a manager and want to work in a supportive, professional environment driven then this is the opportunity for you.
You'll be a experienced, warranted Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) and have an ability to demonstrate excellent mental health social work practice in order to support and guide your team. Above all you'll be highly motivated, resilient and dedicated to delivering the best services to our Residents.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.