Directorate: People and Communities
Starting salary: JG4:- £18,870 per annum pro rata
Location: Based in Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 37 hours per week, term-time only
Closing date: Friday 14 September 2018
Ashcombe Children’s Centre Nursery is a 60 place nursery for 2-4 year olds, graded outstanding by Ofsted. As part of Ashcombe Children’s Centre the nursery meets the needs of the community and wider area.
The successful candidate will understand and value the importance of providing outstanding learning and care in a fun environment, giving children a positive and successful start in life. They will need to work effectively as part of a committed nursery team whilst demonstrating initiative, good organisational skills and an ability to work independently.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Early Years Nursery Worker who has:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in Early Years and Care
- English and Maths GSCE Grade C or above
- Experience of working in an Early Years Child Care setting
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to build relationships with families and foster caring relationships with children to support holistically.
- Knowledge of the EYFS combined with a passion about children’s learning and understanding of child development
- Knowledge and understanding of both child protection and working inclusively with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- An ability to develop and value learning environments to meet individuals needs and interests
- The capability to effectively plan to support children’s progress and meet both the needs and interests of key children.
We will offer you excellent opportunities for continuous professional development, the support of an aspirational and dedicated team and the opportunity to be a key part in the learning journeys of the wonderful children and families that attend, as well as the other benefits of working for North Somerset Council.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to relevant checks (DBS), two satisfactory references and qualifications check.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Lucy Thie on 01934 426807.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 19 September 2018