Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 22 May 2022 midnight
Who to contact if you have a query:
About the role
The Bilingual Primary School offers a unique opportunity to work in a bilingual setting in Spanish and English. The successful candidate will have the advantage of working as part of a friendly, motivated team with engaged pupils during an exciting phase of the school’s development.
We are a unique school with an inclusive vision to provide quality bilingual education for all children. We work with partners and advisers from the UK and overseas, providing ongoing development opportunities for our staff.
Whilst there is no specific level of Spanish language competency required of candidates, we are looking for great teachers who will enthusiastically engage with Spanish language learning and willingness to use what they have learned in the classroom with their pupils. All our class teachers teach some lessons in Spanish with training and support provided based on their individual needs.
The teacher appointed will have the opportunity to make a difference and to gain experience of innovating, creating and leading within an environment of professional autonomy and trust.
This role will suit teachers at the early stage of their careers as well as those with more experience. We particularly welcome applications from candidates who have Spanish language competencies and experience of teaching the English National Curriculum.
Overseas candidates are welcome to apply.
We would consider applications for a job share.
We are looking for excellent teachers who love teaching and:
• Have excellent subject knowledge across the curriculum allowing them to provide exciting contexts through which children can learn and deepen their understanding;
• Create an ethos of eagerness in their class ensuring children love learning, are motivated, confident and constantly prepared to reflect and improve;
• Know their class well and are exceptionally skilled at planning and adapting their teaching to meet the needs of every child;
• Who aspire to promote our core drivers of autonomy, curiosity, perseverance and collaboration;
• Are continually looking for opportunities to develop their own practice including working within a bilingual curriculum;
• Form positive, proactive partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers with a strong focus on developing effective strategies for communication.
We welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
The governors of our school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.