Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are now seeking to appoint proactive individuals with a flexible approach in our Network Operations Team. In addition to routine and reactive safety inspections of the public highway, the role also includes the monitoring, inspection and enforcement of all works within the street environment required under the New Roads & Street Works Act, and ensuring that relevant records are captured, and works orders are raised utilising mobile devices.
The post holder will be required to demonstrate excellent customer service and provide timely responses to member/resident enquiries relating to any aspect of reactive highway maintenance. Assisting the winter service delivery and supporting events on the highway may also be required to meet the needs of the service.
You should have significant experience of streetworks and/or highways inspections supported by an appropriate streetworks/highways inspectors qualification. Evidence of continued professional development and a valid UK driving license will also be required.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.