About The Job
Salary: £18,887 to £19,264 per annum (£15,313 to £ 15,619 per annum, pro rata)
Working Pattern: Part-time (30 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Hobbs Field, Horsham
Interview Date: TBC
Hobbs Field is a residential setting for 14 adults with a learning disability and or autistic spectrum disorders. The service is made up of two detached houses situated in a residential area of Horsham. The properties have level access throughout and adapted communal bath and shower rooms. The houses are linked by a shared patio area and surrounded by a large garden area.
Do you want to encourage and stimulate people to be more independent, engage with their community and maintain daily living skills?
Hobbs Field is looking for a passionate, responsive and high motivated person to join the team based in Horsham as a Support Worker.
We aim to support the people to a high standard to enable them to achieve, to the best of their ability and their potential, with particular regard to their emotional and practical needs and to contribute to their personal development. We also aim to maximise their life experiences, enabling them to exercise their rights and choice, thus empowering them to become valued and respected citizens within their community
We apply consideration and respect as a staff team, that this is their 'home' and we support and enable them to treat it as such.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be a Support Worker here at Hobbs Field!
Experience and Skills
- Ability to interpret information, such as service complaints, and then redirect them to the appropriate person to provide quick and accurate resolution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise advice and guidance to a range of people.
- Ability to deal appropriately with expressive behaviour from the people we support, and respond sensitively to their families and carers.
- Ability to build relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a team completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills in order to record and document activities in the provider plans.
- Basic understanding of the needs of the customer and their rights as an individual.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practice, First Aid and Fire procedure, Manual Handling - Desirable
- NVQ 2/Diploma in Care or equivalent qualification - Desirable
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Previous experience of working in a care setting and with people who have a disability or vulnerable customers - Desirable
- Previous experience of running group activities - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Career Progression
- Learning and Development Opportunities
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!