Senior Public Health Specialist
Management Grouping: Adult Social Care & Health
Team: Public Health
Location: Bexleyheath, Civic Offices
Salary: £55,692 - £64,842 inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefit of £3,864
Contract Type/Hours: Permanent/36 per week
Closing Date: 17 September 2018
Job Reference: ASCH000130
Public Health in Bexley is looking for a dynamic and forward thinking Senior Public Health Specialist to deliver an ambitious and transformational programmes of work on various lifestyle and behaviour change areas, such as the Bexley Obesity Strategy, impacting and influencing Bexley’s Growth Strategy, Local Plan and other related Council strategies and plans, and other areas that impact on the wider determinants of health. This is a senior leadership and strategic role reporting directly to the director of public health and will be instrumental in creating healthy high streets and townships, and embedding health into spatial planning, growth and regeneration.
Applicants must have experience of Public Health commissioning and strategy development.
Applicants will have a post graduate degree in Public Health or a related field. They will have extensive strategic experience in the Local Authority and/or NHS. The successful applicant will support the lifestyles team on the areas of cardiovascular diseases & Obesity Prevention as well as mental health and wellbeing awareness.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated individual who is willing to challenge traditional ways of working, look at the wider Bexley context and strive for new and exciting opportunities to embed Public Health across the system. The post holder will work in collaboration with teams across the local authority, Bexley CCG, Oxleas Foundation Trust, Primary Care and other relevant agencies to develop new models of working.
In addition, the post holder will be required to influence the commissioning of a range of services, developing, implementing and performance managing specialist key success indicators which will measure progress towards achieving national and local targets.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
For further information and an informal discussion about the role please contact Dr Anjan Ghosh, Director of Public Health on 020 3045 5733 or firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred).
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £3,864 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
- Closing Date for your application: 17 September 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: Week commencing 1 October 2018
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.