Hours of work: Full-time teacher hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term maternity cover
Closing date: 9am on Monday 23 May 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
About the role
We are looking for an imaginative and skilled Teacher of Art/Photography who is committed to our vision and virtues and driven by the desire to improve the life chances of young people.
You will be joining an innovative and successful Art department where last year 90% of students taking GCSE in Art achieved a grade 4 or better with 37% achieving grade 7 or better and 100% of students taking GCSE in Art-Textiles achieved a grade 4 or better with 39% achieving a grade 7 or better. Students across all year groups also make excellent progress.
All students at Ratton have Art and Art-Textiles lessons as a regular part of their curriculum at Key Stage 3. Art, Photography and Art-Textiles are available as option subjects at Key Stage 4. The Art department comprises of five teaching staff working from dedicated Art rooms and supported by three Art technicians.
You will be joining an ambitious and highly supportive organisation which offers:
- An excellent induction programme for teachers joining the school.
- A strong commitment to professional development and putting staff first, which will improve your leadership skills, develop your understanding of whole school issues, and prepare you for the next stage in your career.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and well-behaved learners who respond very well to active and engaging teaching and work well independently.
- A strong team ethos across the department and whole school.
To help you learn more about our school and this role please see the job description and person specification in this job pack. The person specification contains the criteria that the selection panel will use in the selection process, and they will be particularly interested in the unique qualities that you possess.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
- A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
- On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD.
- Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
- Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
- Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
- A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
- Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
- On-site parking.
- Free Breakfast Club/After School Club place for staff children at Ocklynge Junior School.
- Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Chaundy, SAHT, at email@example.com or 01323 504011 ext 229.
Please use the application form available at www.ratton.co.uk/vacancies. Once completed it should be emailed to Lorraine Barrow, Trust Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Please remember your supporting statement should set out how your experience to date fulfils the criteria set out in the person specification for this post.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.