Client Relationship Officer
Waltham Forest is looking for an energetic and ambitious individual to join their Provisions and Partnership Team within the Disability Enablement Service to manage the operational aspect of the council’s Travel Assistance Policy. Candidate should be motivated, confident, have excellent customer relationship experience and relevant SEN travel assistance experience.
The Disability Enablement Service (DES) provides integrated services for all children and young people aged 0-25 years with a special educational need and/or disability (SEND) who are eligible for an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP).
The Provisions and Partnerships Team assesses children and young people who need assistance with travelling to and from school. Travel assistance includes support such as independent travel training, personal travel budgets and transport on a bus, minibus or taxi service.
The post holder will be responsible for the assessment of eligibility to receive assistance with travel and allocation of most suitable option for the child/young person and their needs. They will also have a responsibility for accurate record keeping and providing regular reporting to the management about assistance with travel.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate skills and experience / evidence of the following:
- Strong administrative and organisational skills,
- Very good literacy and numeracy skills including ability to compose professional letters and to manipulate excel data to provide management reports,
- Emotional resilience and ability to act professionally in challenging situations and with difficult customers,
- Ability to work under pressure and in fast paced often changing environment.
- Working knowledge of SEN,
- Experience in SEN transport would be an additional bonus.
They will be part of a dynamic team, which provides the relationship with families and ensures that they receive the appropriate level of challenge and support. This is an exciting time to join the DES in pursuing the council’s ambitions in its Creating Futures programme aimed at improving the experiences of all residents within Waltham Forest.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Joanna Mahadoo on 020 8496 6515