Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 1st September 2022
We are looking for a part-time teacher to join our dedicated and experienced team and lead a class of brilliant children in Reception.
St. Andrew’s is a positive and progressive school and an exciting and rewarding place to work. We have a hardworking, friendly staff team united in the belief that we are all learning together. We are proud to be a Church of England school and our mission is, ‘To inspire a love of learning and live ‘life in all its fullness’ ensuring that everyone can flourish and be the best that they can be.’(John 10:10)
About the role
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly- skilled teacher to join our fantastic team. As an excellent practitioner, you will share our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher looking to develop their career.
Our school constantly thrives to achieve the best for all children and the following areas are of special interest to us as a school:
- Designing a bespoke St. Andrew’s curriculum to reflect our increasingly diverse community
- Personal and Spiritual Development
- Community Inclusion
- Maximising the impact of the environment on learning
- Nurture and Well-being – enabling children and staff to flourish
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven record of excellent teaching that has an impact on pupil progress
- Be highly motivated and creative
- Be inspirational, very well organised with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- View teaching as a vocation and love their work
- Be a team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Be sympathetic and supportive of the Christian ethos
- Be an excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents
- Have high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all children
In return we will give you:
- The opportunity to shine and share your strengths with others
- Freedom to innovate
- Truly remarkable, highly motivated children
- A fun, friendly, supportive staff team and school community
- Inspiring outdoor learning spaces
- The latest technology in classrooms
- On-going professional development
- Excellent Teaching Assistants
- Excellent SEND support across the school
- An engaged, active community in the centre of a diverse, inclusive and vibrant city
We warmly welcome visits to the school. If you would like to make an appointment or have an informal discussion about the role with Sophie Thomas (Headteacher), please contact the school office.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 20th May
Interview date: Tuesday 24th May
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Belfast Street, Hove, BN3 3YT, firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: 01273 770082
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.