Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 20 May 2022
Interview date: Shortly following closing date
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
St Catherine's College
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Senior ICT Technician - St Catherine's College
We are looking to recruit a Senior Technician or Technician looking to progress towards a senior role who will provide IT support for both the curriculum and the administrative users throughout the College. The post holder will support the IT Manager with the development of the IT infrastructure and cloud resources available in the College.
Main tasks will include:
- Supporting St John’s Meads C of E Primary School IT systems
- Supporting The Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust IT systems
- Managing the IT ticket system
- Supporting the filtering system, Wi-Fi, CCTV and our VoIP telephone system
- Support Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
- The college servers, both physical and virtual
- Support teaching and learning by providing an on-call service to teaching staff throughout the day
- To maintain the College’s asset register
- To support Office 365 throughout the college
The successful applicant will have previous experience of working in an IT role in the public or private sector. It is not necessary to have previously worked in a school environment.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.