Lancaster City Council is looking for a creative, inspirational and commercially minded property professional seeking a new challenge. We are looking for a strong and effective individual to manage this important area of our Property, Investment and Regeneration Service.
The Lancaster District is:
- An ambitious district, reflected in the Council’s exciting development programme which includes delivering the next Eden Project in Morecambe and a new Garden Village settlement at South Lancaster.
- A collaborative district, with officers who are empowered to work with partners on unique projects such as the Health Innovation Campus, which aims to develop sustainable solutions for the important health and care challenges that we face as a society.
- A diverse district, including the internationally protected Morecambe Bay; the City of Lancaster, which is one of the premier heritage destinations within the England’s Heritage Cities Consortium; 2 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a vibrant arts and cultural community.
- A responsible district, which recognises how it can lead by example and influence others to address the local challenges that global climate change brings.
- An accessible district, with the breathtaking scenery of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales only 30 minutes away, and which is served by London and Scotland-bound West Coast Mainline rail services. Three junctions of the M6 lie within the district, providing an immediate gateway to the rest of the country.
You should have a high level of understanding of asset, estates, facilities and building management and experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams and working in partnership with a variety of different stakeholders and service users. It is likely that the successful candidate will have a recognised qualification or equivalent experience in Facilities and Asset Management.
We can offer a wide variety of training support and opportunities for hybrid working, including some homeworking and use of the City Council’s offices in both Lancaster and Morecambe.
A full current UK driving licence is essential, as the post holder will occasionally be required to undertake site visits. The hours of work for this position are 37 hours per week, working Monday to Friday. The Council currently operates a Flexible Working Hours Scheme which applies to this post.
Excellent benefits include: A Local Government Pension Scheme (the Council makes a 15.5% contribution). Discounted gym membership and discount on days out, activities and retail.
Lancaster City Council has unanimously declared a climate emergency and are working towards reducing carbon emissions to net-zero by 2030. As part of this role, you will be expected to participate and work towards reducing carbon emissions.
For further details of each new role, please visit www.lancaster.gov.uk/jobs , or for an informal conversation regarding these opportunities contact the Head of Property, Investment and Regeneration, Nick Lamb, on 01524 582551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.