Title: Children's Safeguarding Lawyer
Contract - 9 Months fixed term (July 2022 - Feb 2023)
Salary - MM1 - MM2 £39,531 - £62,421 Pro rata
Enfield Legal Services is a friendly and progressive team focused on delivering our clients’ objectives.
We are seeking a fixed term Children Safeguarding lawyer maternity cover for 9 months. You will be a qualified solicitor, barrister, Legal Executive or equivalent. You will be a team player and can demonstrate self-motivation, flexibility and a broad perspective in covering care proceedings. The ability to work to tight timescales/deadlines is essential for this role. A willingness to undertake advocacy on behalf of the Council is an advantage. The role will sometimes require working outside normal office hours and cross working with other teams within the department. Knowledge of computers and relevant office packages is required.
You will have a case load of care proceedings plus the opportunity to work on Adult Safeguarding, Education, Court of Protection, Mental Capacity, Homelessness and Community Care.
Enfield Council operates a Smart working policy.
This post is for maternity cover, from July 2022 to February 2023.
Experience in Local Government would be an advantage.
The appointment will be at grade MM1 or MM2 depending on experience.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Thursday 9th June 2022
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Charlotte O'Sullivan, Recruitment & Onboarding Advisor on 0208 132 3189 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.