Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Information and Communications Technology plays a crucial role in delivering and supporting the huge range of services provided by the London Borough of Hillingdon to our Residents.
About the role
London Borough of Hillingdon is looking for an experienced ICT Business Analyst to join our Business Design Team.
As a skilled ICT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the methodical investigation, analysis and review of Council Service areas in order to improve processes and systems.This will involve managing the relationships with the business, ICT and suppliers to deliver what the business is trying to achieve, by defining the associated Project objectives. You will be expected to provide detailed business specifications and Use Cases and accompanying UAT plans.You will be required to make decisions on behalf of ICT about the projects you are responsible for and look to digitise and streamline processes wherever possible.
As an ICT Business Analyst, you will have:
- Experience as a Business Analyst working within an ICT environment;
- Significant technical understanding of Business Analysis frameworks, business processes
management, business requirements and UAT methodologies;
- Experience and knowledge in developing test cases and test scenarios;
- Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work;
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow directions;
- Proficiency in ICT Project Management methodologies;
- Experience of working in a software/solutions implementation environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.