Future Programme Apprentice – Apprenticeship Level 4
(Fixed term contract 24 months)
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is committed in supporting all residents into sustainable employment and ensuring within the process that individuals can build strong career aspirations. We are proud to be one of the most diverse areas in the country and want to ensure that all young people, have an opportunity to reach their career potential. Also, breaking-down the misconceptions that our young residents may have about certain employment industries and sectors, making them aware that all employment roles are achievable.
Our already established and successful Futures Programme is an innovative cluster of programmes developed to help residence gain knowledge, skills, and insights into growth sectors within the borough and help young residents build networks, confidence and understanding of the breadth of opportunities available to them. Over the last year our Futures Programme has expanded from its initial pilot programme the Culture Leadership Programme; our legacy programme from our year as the first London Borough of Culture in 2019. Our programmes now offered are:
We are seeking an energetic and creative apprentice to join the Employment, Business and Skills Service to run Future Insights a strand of Future Programme, aimed to gain a better understanding of the barriers young residents face in seeking employment and promoting youth employment activities to the wider community. Successful applicants will need to have an interest and developing an understanding of how to manage youth employment projects from start, implementation, and completion.
- Interested in supporting residents aged 16-24 years old (up to 30 on some projects) into employment or training
- A strong understanding of the barriers that young residents are facing to gain employment, especially residents from marginalised groups
- Some business admin experience and understanding of research methods
- Strong understands of the different neighbourhoods that Waltham Forest Council serves
- An ability to communicate and summarise project outputs at all levels
- Willingness to move young people that are classed as NEET into employment, training, or education and the ability to record outcomes.
- Supporting colleagues to run workshops (in person or online) to help young residents build career aspirations and gain an awareness of employment sectors
- Proactivity driving community outreach – being enthusiastic about promoting youth employment initiatives to residents, internal council services, education establishments and external partners
- Support with preparation of marketing materials and social media planning strategies
- Direct Social media enquiries to the relevant colleagues within a timely manner
- Provide content for website and social media platforms
- A team player who can work in partnership with all the Employment, Business and Skills Service teams and is passionate about helping the local community
- Successful candidates will need to commit to completing level 4 apprenticeship qualification
You must be confident in dealing with a variety of residents, businesses, and stakeholders through multiple communication channels, whilst being a positive advocate for all service delivery. You must be able to relate to young residents and learn about the social and economic barriers stopping them from finding employment. Be highly organised and able to prioritise a constantly evolving workload, whilst continuing to deliver to tight deadlines. You need to be adaptable and resilient to change, approach queries and challenges in a dynamic and solution focused way and be able to apply your skills to provide a range of support to varying service areas.
Waltham Forest is devoted to ensure, that young residents have access to local regional and national employment opportunities and make them more aware of roles available to them. This role will help to provide young residents with the tools and skills needed to achieve their future career goals.
We will interview applicants prior to the closing date, so please do not wait until the closing date to apply.