SENIOR BUILDING CONTROL SURVEYOR
Scale MG2 (£37,568- £39,571) per annum
This role currently attracts a Market Supplement of £4,000 per annum; which is reviewed regularly in line with Council policy
Essential User Car Allowance (reviewed regularly in line with Council policy)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Senior Surveyor to join our Building Control team at Arun. As the leading local Building Control Provider by far, we administer the full range of Building Control functions and projects you would expect of a local authority.
As part of our team you’ll administer a broad variety work including being encouraged to help deliver several multi-million pound capital projects sited across the District. As the successful candidate you will be able to look forward to working with colleagues who are committed to meeting the needs of our customers and partners.
As part of the team you’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the various business activities we choose to pursue thereby not only helping to progress the Service, but at the same time build on your own professional success and development. With full IT support as other members of the team enjoy, you too may choose to work remotely on occasion from the Civic Centre as we continue to work toward becoming a ‘paperless office’.
We welcome professionally qualified and experienced Surveyors from both the Public and Private sectors of the Building Control industry to apply for this position.
We offer in return:
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time - an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/ Christmas Savings/ Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development opportunities
Further information and an application form can be obtained from our jobs page.
CLOSING DATE: 8 June 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Employees contemplating applying for a secondment opportunity should discuss this with their manager, prior to submitting an application. Applications without the Manager’s support will not be considered.
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form,
please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application