(Fixed Term Contract to March 2023 with possibility of extension)
The Cambridge and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) is looking for an individual to provide support to the Project Manager – Skills Bootcamps and Special Projects in the organisational management and function of the development and delivery of projects in the wider Skills team. This is to include continuous collation, analysis and presentation of Training Provider and Learner data for the duration of the Skills Bootcamps project whilst working closely with the Project Compliance Officer to ensure all project expenditure is accurate, timely and on track with delivery plans.
- Assisting the Project Manager – Skills Bootcamps and Special Projects with the development and implementation of project processes, to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of project operations to include accurate data management and reporting
- Analyse and review performance of all subcontractors to identify barriers and gaps in performance. Work closely with the Project Manager and Project Compliance Officer to develop and provide targeted support to address gaps and remove barriers to service delivery and improve project performance where required
- Work closely with the Project Manager to embed robust systems and processes for contract management, financial and risk management and tracking and reporting on key deliverables to ensure the project budget and reporting requirements (internal and external) are achieved
- Collating, inputting, analysing, maintaining, and presenting data and project records, ensuring appropriate audit trails and evidence meets individual project requirements and deadlines
- Track, monitor and manage project actions against targets, take ownership and management of project issues; undertake follow-up or remedial actions when required
- Raise purchase orders and complete goods received notices via the finance system to ensure the timely confirmation and delivery of goods and services.
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- Proven track record in providing successful coordination support to projects, preferably those supported with public funding.
- Research and data analysis skills with the ability to create and maintain accurate project records and assimilate information
- Computer Literate
- Advanced experience and knowledge in Excel and data reporting functionality
- Competent at systems and process design and implementation to achieve consistency of practice.
- Knowledge of adult education and skills funding opportunities and requirements
- The ability to work effectively with others as a competent team member and coordinator to achieve project targets
- The ability to work under pressure effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Qualified to A Level or equivalent standard of general education
- Experience of problem-solving and implementing process improvements in a coordination environment.
- Prior experience of working with key external stakeholders
- Experience of government systems & processes
- Experience in partnership and joint working
- Experience of monitoring financial and commercial contracts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly confident in working with data and financial information
- Proactively address problems and work collaboratively to develop effective solutions to achieve results.
- Able to work under pressure, is resilient and remains calm and focussed.
- Highly organised, well developed time management skills with effective priority setting
- Highly adaptable - to changing circumstances and demands
- Collaborative – works productively with peers, team and others
- Motivated – driven by personal and organisational achievement
- Accurate and clear approach to reporting
- Highly positive approach to work
Currently working from home but thereafter located in Huntingdon on a Hybrid working arrangement
The CPCA life cycle is very important to us, and we offer an excellent benefits package of
- 25 Days Holiday
- Incremental Salary Progression within grade
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Monthly Wellbeing Workshops
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CPCA
The Cambridgeshire Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
EMAIL ADDRESS TO RECEIVE CV’S
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please email email@example.com
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org