Do you want to lead a dynamic frontline service and take a lead in shaping a positive future for Birmingham’s children and young people?
The Disability Children’s Social Care team have launched a brand new team and we are looking for a passionate and experienced Team Manager to join our service to continue to take this exciting new team forward and safeguard and protect our children and young people in Birmingham.
You will be working to support the development of an intensive model of social work for children, young people and families who are presenting with complex needs in relation to their mental health.
We work with young people who have spent time in a Tier 4 mental health hospital or who may be at risk of admission. You will be supporting their discharge planning under s117 aftercare and working closely with other agencies.
The work is complex in nature and you will hold the skills to support creative responses to our young people who typically present with multiple layers of complex needs. Many young people the team works with have complex mental health presentations alongside diagnosis of Autism and learning disability/difficulties and as such the team hold a small caseload and are supported by an embedded Psychologist who will support you to offer clinical supervision, training, reflective practice and support detailed case formulations.
The work is varied and challenging and encompasses work with children under statutory framework provided by the Children Act and Mental Health Act.
Take time to listen to our new podcast for more information about Children First:
Alison Montgomery, DCSC Assistant Director is excited about the new team and says ‘We want like-minded passionate social work professionals to join us in our strategic view and mission to be an integral fully involved crucial service to improving all children and young people’s lives in our social work practice. I am dedicated to leading and directing our service as a fundamental core of the overall Trust’s overarching improvement plan’.
- You will be a qualified social worker with active SWE registration.
- You will be an experienced children’s safeguarding led Team Manager.
- You will have a background in child and adolescent complex mental health with expert knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation.
- You will have significant understanding and awareness of mental health and emerging developments.
- You will have a proven track record in safeguarding, who can lead a diverse social work team and deliver exceptional consistent high-quality performance and service delivery in a timely accurate manner, with a relationship based child centred approach.
- You will be confident to implement change, implementing creative social work strategies to provide the best possible outcomes.
- You will have a forward-thinking vision and be dynamic in your social work management and practice, leading and driving forward a culture of excellence.
- Be an effective leader, to be able to mentor and support your team including, newly qualified social workers, students and family support workers and promote a strong inclusive team environment.
- You will be able to form, develop and maintain strong professional internal and external relationships and engage in multi-agency partnership working with education and health, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels
We can offer you……
- Bespoke training and development package to support high quality practice
- Career development opportunities
- Fully supportive and stable highly experienced management team with specialist DCSC skills and knowledge
- Hybrid remote working model, maximum 2 days per week in office
About Us…..why we are different as a Trust….
We know and understand that the world of social work is hard work and challenging at times, that’s why we reward you with a very attractive employment offer.
Alongside regular supervision, access to training and shared learning, 24/7 mental health and well-being support, you will receive wider range of financial and holistic benefits available including:
- Attractive pension (19.4% employer’s contribution)
- Generous annual leave package with 29 days leave plus bank holidays, rising to 32 days after
5 year’s service and 34 days after 10 year’s service
- £2400 per year Retention payment from day 1 of joining
- Up to £8000 Relocation payment
- Honorarium payments
- Car Leasing Scheme
To find out more click Here
If you would like to be part of our passionate and dedicated social work team and are committed to continuous improvement, then don’t hesitate and apply today.
For informal enquiries or more information about this role and the new team, please contact Claire Owen, DCSC Head of Service – Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Hampton, DCSC, email@example.com
Virtual interviews will take place w/c 22nd June 2022.
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form.