About The Job
We are looking for a Human Resources professional to join our HR Business Partnering team at West Sussex County Council as a HR Advisor with a demonstrable background in HR and employee relations.
Salary: £30,095 to £32,798 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-Time, Permanent.
Location: Hybrid - County Hall, Chichester
Interview Date: 9th and 10th June 2022.
As a HR Advisor, you will provide strong, and carefully thought-out advice and guidance to managers in support of delivering our People Framework 2021 to 2025. With a focus on Adults and Health Services to the residents of West Sussex delivering the Life You Want to Lead strategy.
This is a role with a strong Employment Relations focus - both case work and using data and information to forward think, to support the business enabling managers and employees to be, and work at their best. You will be a role model for upholding the values of the company when dealing with our managers. In your advice and coaching, you will keep our people at the centre of decision-making balancing employee and business risks to offer resolutions that meet business need. You will balance and manage competing priorities from case work, organisational change, and other HR projects.
As a HR Advisor, your tasks will include:
- Employee Relations - coaching managers to resolve informal and formal employee relations matters and drive performance to meet organisational goals (e.g., absence, grievance, disciplinary, performance).
- Building HR capability into the business, establishing trusted relationships as an advisor to different areas of the Council.
- Working with the wider HR teams to deliver as one HR function.
- Supporting with the delivery of WSCC plans and policies.
- Analysing People data to drive conversations, target areas for improvement, and make recommendations for pro-active actions to ensure workforce is best placed to deliver their services.
And within all you do, remembering the person(s) at the centre of all our activities.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to quickly establish credible working relationships with line managers, staff, HR colleagues and trade unions.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance, coach, and support managers through employment relations matters.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, carry out research and produce written business reports.
- Demonstrable evidence of having researched and resolved issues and contributed to HR policies and/or procedures reviews.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Working towards Level 5 in CIPD or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Experience of providing comprehensive HR generalist advice and support to managers on HR policies, practices and processes to managers and responding to employee enquiries.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity you will receive:
- Hybrid and flexible working opportunities
- Xpert HR membership
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Professional development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring and our internal HR Best Practice Sessions.
- Eco-Friendly Lease Car Scheme.
- A retail discounts platform and discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- Employee assistance scheme.
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, go to our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CRS00568.
To apply, upload your CV and attach a cover letter/complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!