BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
We have the following vacancies with Childrens Social Care:
5 x full time permanent posts 36 hours per week
1 x part time (18 hours per week) permanent post
1 x full time temporary post until March 2023
Sefton Council’s Children’s Social Care are undertaking an improvement and expansion programme and are looking to appoint a number of business support assistants to make a difference supporting social workers and team managers. The role will entail general and financial administrative duties and clerical work in a busy office environment.
The ideal candidate will have proven clerical experience, be a team player and be able to work with set timeframes within a pressurised environment. Applicants will be expected to have excellent word processing skills, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of maintaining manual and computerised records and/or management information systems. With key communication skills, you will be expected to provide a variety of duties including mail and reception tasks whilst working in busy and rewarding surroundings.
The ability to deal confidentially with matters of a sensitive nature is an essential part of this role.
We have a number of posts that will be supporting different Children’s Social Care Teams ranging from Fostering, Safeguarding and Locality Services Teams to name a few.
In return, we will provide:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please contact Julie on telephone 07907572459.