Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making.
Our Leisure Centre is seeking a self-motivated and capable Fitness Consultant to be based in our gym team at One Leisure St Neots. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the necessary blend of gym experience and a desire to offer the best customer service and help our members achieve their health and fitness goals.
Key deliverables of the role include:
· Delivering engaging and effective gym appointments both 1:1 and in groups
· Assisting Impressions to achieve its attendance, satisfaction and attendance targets
· Engaging with customers on the gym floor, providing meaningful interaction
· Promoting the best of the facility internally but also at external events to encourage new members to join and existing members to stay longer to improve sales and retention
The post requires a minimum of a Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification. A First Aid at Work qualification is required for the role but training will be provided if this is not currently held.
We are determined to offer personal and professional development to our staff and this is combined with a flexible approach that enables our staff to manage their own work life balance.
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work as part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all our customers.
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first. So, whilst experience and qualifications are important the correct attitude and willingness to learn are equally, if not more important.
To apply please complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO APPLY A full job description along with details of how to apply can be downloaded from our website at https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/
Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is Tuesday 31st May midday and interviews will be held Tuesday 7th June.
As an employer who values diversity of thought, we seek to employ candidates from a range of backgrounds in order to make our organisation more innovative. We are seeking candidates who are looking for their next career opportunity and are a supportive employer, enabling our staff to work in an environment that produces high standards of work in an employee-led environment.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits, including flexitime, to encourage a work life balance.
Our benefits include:
- A highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme Pension
- An array of services, networks and training to support your health and wellbeing such as Mental Health First Aiders and access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance, wellbeing support and family counselling, amongst other services.
- Generous holiday entitlement dependent upon length of service
- Heavily discounted gym membership at our One Leisure Centres and Training Shed One Leisure
- Tailored learning and development on an individual basis including access to Bookboon which has over 1500 resources dedicated to development
- Career progression opportunities including apprenticeships of all levels
- Enhanced policies in many areas
- Flexi time & hybrid working (role permitting)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health Programme
- Digital Parking Permit
- Long Service Award
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.