The Governing Body of St John Fisher Catholic Primary School wish to appoint a
TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 2
Pay Band D / SCP 5 – 6
£19,650 to £20,043 per annum pro rata
[Actual Salary: £12,071 - £12,313]
25 hours per week / 46 weeks per year [Term Time only] / Fixed term until 31 August 2023
The Governors of St John Fisher Catholic Primary School wish to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Level 2 Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will have high expectations of pupils, be highly committed, enthusiastic and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The School can offer a warm, welcoming and friendly working environment with a highly supportive and happy team.
- Have completed the NCFE Teaching Assistants course (NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent GCSE
grades A*- C)
- Be highly motivated and have the relevant experience and qualifications
- Be committed, enthusiastic, patient and show great initiative
- Be able to work closely with the Class Teachers following plans and targets
- Be willing to make a caring and positive contribution to the school
- Be a flexible, reliable and a consistent team player
- Have experience of working within all phases across the school
- Have experience and understanding of SEND needs
- Have experience of working with 1:1 or small groups of children
- Be able to work in all phases of the school
St John Fisher is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. References will be checked prior to the interview and are integral to the interview process. Please note that open or generic references will not be accepted as part of a safer recruitment process.
Disqualification by association:
The Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 Education Act 2006 prohibits anyone who is disqualified themselves or who lives in the same household as a disqualified person from working in a relevant setting, including schools. If your post falls within this category you will be required to declare any relevant information to the Head Teacher about yourself and/or to the best of your knowledge, about anyone living in the same household as you.
Applications MUST be made on the CES application form which can be downloaded from the Catholic Education Service Website: www.cesew.org.uk. This vacancy may also be located via the school’s website: www.stjohnfisherprimary.co.uk.
Completed application forms should be sent directly to the school either by post, marked for the attention of Mrs L Morris, School Business Manager, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday, 6 June 2022
Interviews: Monday , 13 June 2022