Help us deliver great IT service to our customers. Get great prospects for your future.
Lots of organisations say you can make a difference. Here, in the User Support team, everything we do is about providing a robust and reliable service to our customers. As a Senior User Support Officer, you'll be given plenty of responsibility right from the start. At the same time, we'll make sure you have all the training and support you need to get your post with us off to a flying start. Make your future about shaping tomorrow. Because we're Bracknell Forest.
Bracknell Forest Council is a forward-looking authority desktop using technology in all aspects of service delivery. Our customers always depend on a robust and reliable service and as a result the User Support team, of which you will be a member, need to provide a quality support function.
What it's like working in our team...
The User Support Team is part of ICT Services and provides first and second line technical support to Bracknell Forest Council staff. As the second line Desktop Support team member, you'll be a team player acting as a first escalation point on incident management and mentor for the Junior User Support Team. Your role will consist of business-as-usual ticket management using our ITSM tool as well as project and seeking proactive solutions to problem management.
This role requires strong customer focus, excellent interpersonal skills along with experience of desktop estate management, CMDB management knowledge and experience of network monitoring tools and ticket trend analysis.
A good working knowledge of Windows 10, Office365, Cloud Hybrid Management, SCCM and MDM solution experience is key for this role. Customer Service is essential, and we look for applicants with a strong focus to achieving excellent customer satisfaction.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To deliver, administer and support both hardware, software, desktop, and mobile systems across the Council.
- To recommend sound solutions to new requests initiated by the business and assist with deployment and installations.
- Ensure achievement of the ICT service level agreement while customer-focused metrics remain at a high level of satisfaction.
- To keep the Knowledge Base updated with the latest updates to solutions, create articles based on resolution of incidents and problems after escalation to the senior members of the team.
- To manage various project-based workload plus contribute to business-as-usual ticket workload.
- You will be supported to achieve a qualification - e.g. Azure.
- You will be encouraged to learn how to troubleshoot and administer bespoke systems at Bracknell Council.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre (The Lexicon).
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and reliable person who is passionate about IT with a strong focus on customer service and driven to work towards incident and problem management resolution.
- We are looking for someone who is organised, able to prioritise their workload, a team player and driven to mentor Junior members of staff.
- Understand key service pressures.
- Able to troubleshoot effectively in a timely manner, provide sound solutions to incidents and problems whilst putting preventative measures in place to minimise disruption to the service.
Interviews will be held on 25th May 2022.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Beth Rayburn
Job Title: User Support Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351930
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.