Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making. The area is well placed to attract businesses, supported by new communities that work well with the existing market towns and a blend of urban and rural life.
Huntingdonshire District Council is already good, innovative and is striving to be great and is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people.
Following the successful submission of a comprehensive package of regeneration measures to support St. Neots High Street in July 2020, the Council is embarking on a wider programme for regeneration across our 3 additional Market Towns (Huntingdon, St. Ives & Ramsey). Collectively these initiatives are defined as the Market Towns Regeneration Programme (MTRP).
The MTRP will be overseen by the MTRP Programme Manager, supported by a small team of talented people, we have recently recruited to the permanent Programme Manager role and are now looking to recruit to two Project Managers and one Project Officer to support delivery.
Is this for you?
These are key roles within our service, so we are looking for people with the determination to deliver results and a background in Project Management.
Collaborative working will be essential so these roles will appeal to someone with fantastic interpersonal skills who is able to engage and motivate others to achieve a shared vision.
The ability to formulate solutions and then lead on their implementation will be essential.
The Project Officer will:
- Provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to the MTRP team. This includes diary management, filing, processes and systems.
- Play an important role in assisting in the establishment and management of a robust programme management system that will underpin the delivery of the overall suite of projects. This will include providing practical support to the MTRP team in managing a range of complex projects from inception through to delivery.
- Lead and implement the Programmes Communications tactical delivery of PM comms Strategy and liaise with our communications department.
- Ensure that Programme and Project documentation is up to date and where appropriate identify information gaps e.g. budgets and prepare options to be tackled by the appropriate managers.
- Deal with queries on project programme performance, progress and expenditure.
- Undertake specific ad-hoc projects in order to provide detailed reporting on individual elements of the projects / programme.
If you have any experience of the above and have supported previous projects, working alongside Project Managers or Programme Managers and would like to be involved in this key regeneration project please apply below.
We are currently working remotely, but we anticipate returning to the office on a flexible basis long term. We would be interested to hear from people who would still like to work from home with the understanding that they would be able to attend meetings as required in our offices in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire and meet with relevant stakeholders as and when required, we anticipate this would be once or twice a week. We would also be interested in applications from people who are interested in working flexible hours.
As an organisation we have an enviable financial position, solid service delivery, and a structure that enables us to take advantage of emerging opportunities. We are on a change journey and are seeking brave and talented individuals who are confident in their ability to come and drive this journey forward, with us
If you have the knowledge, skills and experience that can bring innovation and creativity to this exciting role we would love to hear from you and experience or exposure of regeneration or Capital delivery project delivery in the public or private sector would be advantageous.
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.
A full job description along with details of how to apply can be downloaded from our website at https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/
Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 18th May at midday and interviews will be held 25th & 27th May
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits including flexitime to encourage a work life balance.
Our benefits include:
- A highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme Pension
- An array of services, networks and training to support your health and wellbeing such as Mental Health First Aiders and access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance, wellbeing support and family counselling, amongst other services.
- Generous holiday entitlement dependent upon length of service
- Heavily discounted gym membership at our One Leisure Centres and Training Shed One Leisure
- Tailored learning and development on an individual basis including access to Bookboon which has over 1500 resources dedicated to development
- Career progression opportunities including apprenticeships of all levels
- Enhanced policies in many areas
- Flexi time & hybrid working (role permitting)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health Programme
- Digital Parking Permit
- Long Service Award