Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making.
Huntingdonshire District Council has recently been awarded funding by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG to support the enablement of the Integrated Care System through the delivery of health initiatives within the community. Working with district and county council staff, alongside community and voluntary groups, the funding will support a number of key priorities:
- to build on our established model of community enablement, but with a specific focus on improving health outcomes for Huntingdonshire residents
- to empower local communities to identify and fill health provision for their residents
- to promote the existing and new health provision across the district to encourage more people to become active but using our outdoor spaces
- to establish a model of continuous improvement whereby examples of good practice are shared easily with others to help support a broad range of offers across the district.
The project manager postholder will be responsible for delivering a co-design and co-production model to address these priorities. They will be required to work closely with the third sector to design, plan and implement newly identified health activities, while developing a network of support and transparency that allows the community and voluntary groups to see what is happening in other areas of the district, to be able to replicate good examples in their areas.
The funding is awarded for 12 months therefore a key requirement of the postholder will be to establish clear baseline assessments of local areas, implement robust data and evidence collection and recording to be able to demonstrate the benefits and added value of the funding. Improving outcomes for our residents is a strategic priority for Huntingdonshire District Council so it is critical that quantitative and qualitative assessments are an integral part of the project
Working within our strategic programme to improve outcomes for Huntingdonshire residents, you will work alongside the Programme Manager, a designated communications Executive and local partners to promote health initiatives. You will deliver the project on time and within budget, providing regular progress reports to the Programme Board for assurance and transparency.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, open-minded and independent person to add pace and energy to this new area of work. If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Please be aware the role requires travel around the district.
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.
TO APPLY A full job description along with details of how to apply can be downloaded from our website at https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/
Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is midday May 18th interviews will be held w/c 23rd May
Please note that the official closing date is as above and will be the correct date. Some third party websites may have different dates so please always refer to the HDC website for the official closing date to ensure you do not miss out on applying.
For many of our roles (and where it is possible) we are currently working remotely and anticipate in the future returning to a hybrid office model on a flexible basis. This will still include work from home and flexi-time opportunities in order to provide a good work life balance whilst still ensuring that teams benefit from in person interaction. Candidates should therefore be within commutable distance of our offices in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire or able to attend meetings as required if further afield.
As an employer who values diversity of thought, we seek to employ candidates from a range of backgrounds in order to make our organisation more innovative. We are seeking candidates who are looking for their next career opportunity on a full-time basis. and are a supportive employer, enabling our staff to work in an environment that produces high standards of work in an employee-led environment.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits, including flexitime, to encourage a work life balance.
Our benefits include:
· A highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme Pension
· An array of services, networks and training to support your health and wellbeing such as Mental Health First Aiders and access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance, wellbeing support and family counselling, amongst other services.
· Generous holiday entitlement dependent upon length of service
· Heavily discounted gym membership at our One Leisure Centres and Training Shed One Leisure
· Tailored learning and development on an individual basis including access to Bookboon which has over 1500 resources dedicated to development
· Career progression opportunities including apprenticeships of all levels
· Enhanced policies in many areas
· Flexi time & hybrid working (role permitting)
· Cycle to work scheme
· Occupational Health Programme
· Digital Parking Permit
· Long Service Award