Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 16 May 2022, noon
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Hailsham Community College Academy Trust
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Lead Teacher for Alternative Provision - Hailsham Community College Academy Trust
Required to start 01 September 2022
Come join our thriving 2-19 all-through college on its journey towards excellence!
Our two-form entry primary phase opened in September 2019 and we are eagerly awaiting the completion of our brand new state-of-the-art development on the secondary site. New facilities include a three-storey teaching block containing 22 classrooms and SEND Hub, a fully refurbished Post 16 Learning Centre and a floodlit all-weather sports pitch to complement our already extensive sporting facilities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead a key area within our college. We are looking for a Lead teacher for Alternative Provision to work with students in our newly refurbished, bespoke ‘Aspire’ facility. The facility is designed to support a small group of students across both Key Stage 3 and 4 for whom a mainstream curriculum is not necessarily appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a teacher responsible for leading a small team of staff to deliver excellent quality classroom provision within the facility and support in mainstream lessons.
- Support students in working towards various academic and vocational qualifications; a key aspect of the role is to be able to ensure students make progress in liaison with subject specialist teaching staff.
- Have responsibility for implementing and monitoring alternative provision timetables
- Be a student focused, resilient, emotionally literate leader who can work with these students to ensure they are accessing education appropriate to their needs.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have boundless energy, a good sense of humour and a strong sense of social justice
We can offer:
- A school committed to consistency and sustained improvement
- A hardworking and dedicated team
- A friendly and supportive atmosphere
- A supportive Leadership Team
- Cycle to work Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Corporate Membership to Benenden Health Care, where the Academy pays for half the membership.
- The opportunity to pay into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
To apply, please download the relevant application form from our website above, completed applications can be e-emailed to email@example.com
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for this Academy. We are also required by law to ensure that any prospective employee is legally entitled to live and work in the UK. You will be required to provide documentation as evidence. Other conditions of employment may apply. We are committed to equality of opportunity and positively welcome applications form all sections of the community.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.