Social Worker- Older People & Physical Disabilities Service
Health & Adult Social Care – East Locality Team
Salary: Level 3 £35, 751 - £42, 855
(Full Time – 36 hours)
This is an exciting time to join The London Borough of Enfield (LBE) as we continue to work in partnership with our Health Colleagues to develop and strengthen our services to vulnerable Adults in accordance with the Care Act 2014 requirements.Our team consists of Social workers, Occupational Therapists and Social Care Assessors.
Enfield currently have a Social Work position available in East Locality Team within Older People and Physical Disabilities service.
You will be required to carry out timely assessments, reviewing care packages to ensure that needs are being met, short-term & long-term case management, and working closely with Health & MDT colleagues. Applicants with a strong multi-disciplinary working background are particularly welcome.
You will need to have sound knowledge and understanding of personal budgets; completing needs led assessments, Continuing Health Care and safeguarding process and procedures. You must be registered with Social Work England.
We work in a supportive and friendly environment and are committed to professional development through regular supervision and flexible working. Enfield is part of the North London Social Work Teaching Partnership which aims to promote and improve the social work profession by developing career pathways and professional development opportunities for practitioners at all levels.
So if you have vision, creativity and commitment, looking for a new challenge and can make a positive difference to people’s lives we would like to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Midnight 19 May 2022
Interview date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Melanie Gibson on 020 8132 2469 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.