Salary: £37,568 to £40,578 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Bridge House, Worthing with a countywide remit
Interview Date: TBC
The Forensic Outreach and Liaison Service has vacancies for two full time Senior Forensic Social Workers with demonstrable post-qualifying experience.
These roles will specifically work with clients who are currently detained in hospital and will focus on improving the transition of patients through the secure system into the community. A key part of these roles will be working in partnership with colleagues in the inpatient and community services delivering a high standard of social work practice.
To be qualified for the role, you will possess the ability to communicate effectively, use your own initiative where appropriate in a context of good support and supervision, have compassion and empathy to support individuals who need our services, and be able to manage your own health and well-being due to the emotional demands of the role.
There will also be a requirement for you to work flexibly to support customers, carers and families. You will be required to travel throughout the County including to locations that are not always easily accessible by public transport.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret people-related information and data in order to prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision. Ability to work proactively as a member of the team to make an accurate assessment of needs and negotiate and implement effective plans and outcomes
- Ability to undertake direct work with those who access or need the service in order to support individuals
- Ability to remain up to date with key legislation and apply legislative requirements within social work practice Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision
- Ability to work in partnership with carers, colleagues and a variety of external agencies in order to deliver the most effective service
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format including the ability to explain complicated information to a wide range of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision
- Work in partnership with carers, colleagues and a variety of external agencies in order to deliver the most effective service
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format including the ability to explain complicated information to a wide range of people and negotiate and persuade others to adopt a particular course of action
- Sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree in relevant professional or equivalent qualification
- Registration with the relevant professional registration body and responsibility for maintaining registration
- Approved Mental Health Practitioner (it is a requirement to have AMHP qualification or to be working towards the qualification to be complete within 2 years of appointment and to maintain level of knowledge)
- Knowledge of theoretical social work concepts and practices, with demonstrable examples of dealing with a breadth of complex issues and situations as well as theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work and working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post
- Experience of effective partnership working and forming effective working relationships with individuals and colleagues, identifying issues, focusing on needs and handling conflict and disagreement.
- Demonstrable assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families
- Prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Managing levels of risk within a caseload of complex cases
- Effectively coaching and supervising others, acting as a practice role model and promoting exemplary practice
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03135
For a conversation or further information regarding the role, contact Marie Bliss ON 07718117167 OR Zowina Green on 07716701997
To apply, please follow the links below to upload your CV and Cover Letter. In your cover letter please outline your motivations for applying and explaining how you meet the key skills listed in full (refer to the key skills) ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.