We are recruiting a self-motivated individual to join our Technical Support team. In this new role you will:
- Support customers in the day to day access and use of IT systems over the phone, via email, Teams and face to face.
- Act as the first point of contact for all IT system related customer queries and resolve basic support requests. Escalating more complex issues to senior members of the team as appropriate. Working within agreed support resolution timescales.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service whilst maintaining services for all users.
- Provide incident/problem investigation and resolution (where possible) to deal with performance or other critical service issues as appropriate.
- Support straightforward software releases, upgrades and implementations in line with IT Services processes to ensure the successful deployment of IT services across the Council.
- Provide support along with the rest of the unit in managing and prioritising work required to deliver IT projects such as upgrades, developments and implementations of applications and processes across the Council.
- Provide first line support, to include hardware maintenance/support.
- Undertake data entry and administration duties on behalf of the wider team as required.
- Have an understanding of the importance of data security when dealing with sensitive information.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate a passion for technology and understanding of its uses and different devices, including an understanding of the way customers use technology to access data e.g. tablets, mobile devices, laptop and desktop PC’s
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office
- Have a basic knowledge of reporting and producing statistics
- Have a track record of success and achievement in a customer facing role
- Be able to communicate clearly, convincingly and sensitively, orally and in writing
- Enjoy analysing data and problems to provide a robust solution
- Have at least 5 GCSE’s
- Ideally hold a full, valid UK driving licence
Application closing date is 22nd May 2022 @ 12pm
Interviews will be held 15th June 2022
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Justin Ward, Technical Support Team Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org