To apply please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com. Please ensure your covering letter includes how you meet the job specification and why you are interested in the role.
We are seeking an experienced housing professional to lead our income recovery and rent accounting functions. With the overarching responsibility for income recovery, you will lead a busy team of housing professionals who work closely with our residents who are in financial difficulty.
You’ll be at the heart of this work, ensuring the team are delivering excellent customer centred services whilst maximising rental income. Helping the team find the right balance between enforcement and supporting residents to maintain their tenancies is fundamental. You’ll also work closely with our Housing Support and Social Inclusion Manager ensuring there are a range of financial inclusion options available and that we are making best use of the funds in place to help our residents in financial difficulty.
This is a great opportunity to drive a culture of continuous improvement, so we will be keen to hear your ideas on our procedures and processes and help us shape our service moving forward.
It goes without saying that you will be committed to maintain open channels of communication between the team and residents, and your reporting practices will be flawless. You will need to have:
- Exceptional communication skills and be an inspirational leader who is passionate about leading, supporting and developing staff.
- Expert, up to date knowledge of income recovery processes, pre-action protocols, relevant legislation and best practice in the sector.
- Highly organised with the ability to oversee the workload of a busy team.
- Ability to develop and sustain partnerships with key stakeholders.
What We Offer:
Winchester is a wonderful place to work.Our Council offices are in the heart of the city, the ancient capital of England.We have 122,000 residents and welcome five million tourists annually who come to see our magnificent cathedral, heritage landmarks, cultural events and diverse landscape.
Our district has been going through significant changes as we look to improve the quality of life for our residents, create a thriving economy and protect the environment for future generations.Your ideas, energy and attitude will be vital in helping us to deliver an exciting future for the district whilst maintaining the spotlight on continuous service improvement.
We offer some of the best terms and conditions available in local government including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Up to 32 days annual leave per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
Contact details for an informal discussion: Amber Russell, Service Lead for Housing Operations & Community Safety on 01962 848 229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.