Senior Planning Officer
Permanent , Full time 36 hours a week
Salary up to £46, 722
Grade PO1 £35, 496 - £38, 385 plus a market factor supplement of up to £8,337.
Market Factor Supplement are reviewed frequently.
Enfield is a dynamic and progressive London Borough with excellent links to the city and central areas as well as Hertfordshire and Essex. With the focus for London’s future growth on outer London and recognising its location along the strategically important London - Stansted corridor, there are a range of significant development opportunities. We want your skills and vision to help realise their potential.
Headlining our ambitious growth agenda is the Borough’s largest residential led mixed use development at Meridian Water where our long term aspiration is to deliver upwards of 10000 new homes and 6000 jobs. Alongside new public open spaces, shops, community facilities and a new railway station, this is a key opportunity to shape and deliver a landmark residential scheme within London.
Our ambitions don’t end there as we are already in discussion on several estate regeneration and regeneration schemes across the Borough that contribute to our ambitious housing targets to deliver new high-quality mixed use residential led development which meets the modern housing and employment needs of our residents.
We need you to help us achieve this vision across a wide range of development proposals. This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to gain exceptional experience and make a real difference to the delivery of new homes and jobs and the future lives of our residents.
To help you help us, we can offer opportunities for personal development including flexible working or compressed hours, home working opportunities, generous annual leave, training opportunities and a friendly working environment.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date is Midnight 25th May 2022
Interview date : TBC
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley.Taal-Gaye@enfield.gov.uk on 020 8132 1043.
A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Gideon Whittingham on 020 8132 1623 or David Gittens on 020 8132 0870 for an informal discussion.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.