A vibrant and diverse borough, from the soaring heights of Canary Wharf to the bustling street market on Petticoat Lane, Tower Hamlets is home to some of London’s most recognisable street scenes. This vibrant borough is also one of London’s most diverse: a proud melting pot of cultures and traditions that makes Tower Hamlets such a unique place to work and develop your skills with good quality experience. Based in East London, with excellent transport links and in close proximity to Canary Wharf, our borough is a fascinating place to work with a rich history and heritage.
It is an exciting time in Tower Hamlets and a great opportunity to join the Council and help shape its future. Tower Hamlets has an established Lexcel accredited Legal Team that provides services to the Council across the full range of its functions. We strive to provide excellent services and pride ourselves on the exciting variety of high quality work that we undertake-in-house. Our service is structured to ensure resilience and align with the Council’s functions. We are looking for a highly competent, enthusiastic and motivated professional to join the team.
This is a full time, permanent role based in the Town Hall with the ability to work remotely for most of the week.
• You must be a UK Qualified Solicitor/Barrister or Fellow of CILEX and hold a practising certificate.
• Significant PQE experience of criminal litigation, ideally with experience in fraud, trading standards and consumer protection, and licensing.
• Experience of working in local government
• Experience of and willing to undertake advocacy at magistrates’ courts and tribunals
• Knowledge and experience of committee advice work