We have a vacancy within our team for a Team Leader who is a qualified Occupational Therapist.
The successful applicant will work alongside Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and other allied health colleagues within the wider Intermediate Care Group. The aim of the service is to prevent unnecessary hospital admission, supporting timely discharge, maximising independent living and to assist service users in creating their own unique care package through personalisation.
The key responsibilities of this post are:-
- To take a leadership role in the delivery of the full range of services provided by the Team.
- To manage and develop the integrated joint care pathway service to give clients the best opportunity to maintain independence.
- To manage Occupational Therapists and other staff within the team.
- To work closely with the Team Manager and Assistant Team Manager (Social Work) to deliver a dynamic, responsive, efficient and high quality service.
- To ensure that the fullest integration with a wide variety of health services delivers the most effective service to clients.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:-
- An aptitude for working in an environment which is dynamic, fast moving and successful.
- A commitment to and understanding of methods of supporting people who have experienced a crisis to achieve their best life chances.
- An ability to lead and inspire the staff team.
We are ideally looking to offer the successful candidate the full number of hours advertised above. We may however consider offering less hours than advertised providing they meet the requirements of the role and service which will be determined by the recruiting manager.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days.
For an informal discussion, please contact Ann Tubbs, Team Manager 01635 292130