We’re helping to make a difference to vulnerable people. You can support us to do this.
Each day brings new challenges and we have to react to the demands of vulnerable homeless clients in temporary accommodation and ensuring that our accommodation meet all Health & Safety Regulations and remain safe to be used to place our customers. We want our clients to feel safe and secure and to get people back on their feet quickly. These are just some of the things you will be supporting us to do when you join us. You are going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we are Bracknell Forest...
What it’s like working here…
The Housing Management Team is a small but busy team providing an extensive and responsive property management service to homeless clients placed into temporary accommodation procured by the Council. Sitting within the Welfare and Housing Service the team support each other by working closely together to achieve the right results, and to deliver a holistic service to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. You will be involved in varied and challenging work daily.
We will support you to…
- To deliver an efficient, high quality and customer focussed service providing day to day management of temporary accommodation, including hostels, reporting repairs, monitoring and reporting health and safety concerns in accordance with policy and procedures. To ensure service users are assisted to settle into their accommodation and support them to integrate into the community in which they are rehoused and have an understanding of their tenancy conditions and comply with them.
- Manage temporary accommodation tenancies, investigate and deal with customer enquiries and complaints, inclusive of neighbour disputes, anti-social behaviour, abandonment, or other tenancy breaches taking appropriate action in a timely manner which will include serving notices and making court applications. Escalating to appropriate teams within the Council or external agencies such as the Police
- To make placements into accommodation pending decisions, manage temporary accommodation transfers, undertaking suitability assessments to ensure properties are suitable and affordable. Conducting accurate evaluation of customer’s risk assessment, managing where customers are placed within the temporary accommodation stock to ensure placements do not pose a risk and make best use of the Council’s temporary accommodation stock
- Responsible for the timely move-on into more permanent accommodation in order to discharge the Council’s rehousing duty in line with Allocations Policy. Ensure tenants have an active housing register application so they can bid for permanent accommodation
- To conduct property inspections and occupancy checks to ensure the temporary accommodation properties are compliant with Health & Safety and the Council’s standards, including testing of fire alarm and panic alarm equipment. To monitor the condition of the accommodation, working alongside surveyors, contractors and landlords or housing providers to remedy any repairs maintenance issues, in a timely manner. To provide an extensive management service and ensure that service users are assisted to settle into their accommodation and support them to integrate into the community in which they are rehoused.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
You will have previous experience of providing a housing management service ideally in Social Housing Sector with a good understanding of building maintenance and repairs issues and the ability to identify and address health and safety compliance issues. With excellent communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines you will be able to manage your time and resources effectively.
Interview Date: Week Commencing 23rd May 2022
Closing Date: 20/05/2022
Want to ask us a question?
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified