We wish to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated and enthusiastic School Improvement Adviser. The post-holder will be expected to support our primary schools in ensuring that achievement in all West Berkshire Schools is in line with our ambition that every school is a Good school and many are Outstanding.
You will have:
- An excellent track record of successful Headship at primary level.
- A thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum, Assessment practices and Ofsted Frameworks
- A commitment to raising standards in all areas.
- The ability to deliver motivational training to Head teachers and Governors.
- The skills to work alongside Head teachers and Governors providing support and challenge enabling them to improve their schools.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a commitment to team work.
We are ideally looking to offer the successful candidate the full number of hours advertised above. We may however consider offering less hours than advertised providing they meet the requirements of the role and service which will be determined by the recruiting manager.
West Berkshire is a unitary authority that enjoys excellent relationships with its schools. Schools achieve consistently high grading’s from Ofsted.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 29 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days.
Please contact Rose Carberry on 07775 705027 for an informal chat about this role.