Hatton Hill Primary School
We are a large two-form primary school situated in Litherland with a successful and popular nursery. The Governors and Headteacher of Hatton Hill warmly welcomes applications to join our friendly, happy and thriving school.
We are seeking to appoint an energetic, skilled and caring professional to liasie with pupils, parents and school staff to both identify and deal with potential attendance issues. Our attendance officer is expected to monitor attendance daily; complete 'first response' by contacting parents about unexplained absences; be able to both support and challenge where poor attendance is identified; have a good understanding of safeguarding responsibilities; and liaise with professionals. Experience of similar roles and using the SIMS system would be beneficial although not essential. We encourage applicants to look closely at the job description and personal specification. Applicants should clearly state relevant experience and qualifications.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is enthusiastic and committed to making a difference
• Has a proven record of working with children or the ambition
• Is organised, efficient and able to work in a busy environment
• Has a high expectation of care for all children and an understanding of school safeguarding requirements
• Has excellent communication skills at all levels, is a team player and has a desire to raise standards.
We can offer you:
• highly committed, talented enthusiastic and professional staff
• children who are eager to learn
• a commitment to continuous professional development
• a committed and supportive Governing Body
• a happy and growing school
The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau and a disqualification declaration. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.