Permanent role. Start date: ASAP
37 hours a week, 8.00am to 4.00pm 4 days and 8.00 to 4.30pm on Thursday. Term time plus INSET days
Katesgrove and Southcote are both Schools Direct Training Schools and are very supportive of staff wishing to develop future Teaching careers through this programme
Our friendly school is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and self-motivated Early Years Practitioner to assist teaching staff in the classroom. We have a lovely, hardworking team of staff and delightful pupils who deserve the best people working with them.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum / practices and supporting children’s learning and development
- Contribute to assessment, planning and behaviour management
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with team members and parents
- Be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3 with previous experience of working with young children and parents
- Be able to work as a key worker for a group of children
Katesgrove Primary School:
“Pupils want to come to school to learn, and families know that once their children are at school, they are safe, nurtured and well educated”. Ofsted 2017
Southcote Primary School:
“Pupils really enjoy being part of the community and they are complimentary about the effective support they receive from staff.” Ofsted 2017
Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Application packs can be downloaded from the websites. Alternatively, please email FederationHR@katesgrove.reading.sch.uk for an application pack. Visit the school website to find out more - www.katesgroveprimaryschool.co.uk
Applications considered on receipt and successful applicants will be invited for interview.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, appropriate references and health clearance.