Salary - Level 3 - £36,378 - £43,605
2 x Permanent - Full Time
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a specialist social care service recognised nationally for its excellent and innovative provision to disabled children and their families.
Enfield’s most recent OFSTED inspection rated Enfield’s children’s services as Good overall and stated “Disabled children benefit from highly effective, outstanding services in Enfield, delivered by knowledgeable, passionate social workers and managers with high aspirations for their children”.
The JSDC consists of social care and educational professionals, and collaborates closely with health professionals, local voluntary organisations, children and young people and parent carers, notably Our Voice Parent/Carer forum to ensure the provision of the highest quality services and support.
Enfield is a pioneering authority and as such is at the forefront of developing the challenging agenda for Disabled children.
You will need to be creative in your approach to assessment and support planning, ensuring the views of parents and young people remain at the heart of decision making.
The service covers the full range of statutory Social Work with Children who are Disabled including Children in Need, Child Protection, Court work and Children in Care. You will also participate in the service’s duty system.
In Enfield we are committed to the Signs of Safety practice model to support practitioners to engage with children, young people and their families, enabling them to achieve their goals and make the changes they need in their lives.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills to a high standard and be IT literate.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills to a high standard, alongside being able to plan your workload in order to meet strict deadlines and work collaboratively with team members
Cheviots is a supportive team with peer supervision groups and a commitment to regular supervision, the service is busy, supportive and committed to continuous improvement.
We are looking for a level 3 experienced social worker who has experience of working within a diverse community and be able to maintain high quality practise while prioritising competing demands.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is a priority in Enfield. Performance reviews are undertaken regularly and underpinned by Enfield’s eclectic and exciting training programme. Social workers are encouraged to take responsibility for their CPD and to take advantage of the training opportunities on offer.
You will have a Degree in Social Work (minimum Upper Second, if classified) or equivalent and must be HCPC registered.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Sunday 15th May 2022
Interview date: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Arzu Kaya on firstname.lastname@example.org or Juliana Orekan on Juliana.email@example.com for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on Yewande.Ibidunni@enfield.gov.uk