Are you a dynamic and ambitious practitioner looking for the next challenge on your path to headship? We may be the school you are looking for.
Kender is a popular, expanding and well resourced school that serves children from the local New Cross area. This is an exciting time for us as we continue to improve with ambitious and innovative planning.
Following the retirement of our DHT, we are looking to employ an experienced senior leader to progress to Deputy Headship, who shares our determination to ensure that all our children receive a first class education and achieve the very best they can.
We are looking for a professional who is inspirational, committed, highly motivated and creative in their approach to teaching and learning. This is a significant role within our senior leadership team and you will be a passionate and creative individual who can lead, monitor and report on our School Improvement Plan, working collegiately with our teaching team. You will continue our tradition of forward thinking planning and be technologically adept.
As Deputy Headteacher you will be expected to ensure consistency of teaching, continuity in context and skills and high standards of learning throughout the school. You will be responsible for implementing improvement strategies. You will lead by example, motivate others and set high expectations.
Salary; L10 to L14 (£60,701.00 - £66,114.00)
Why is Kender so special?
- Ofsted said “From the moment you enter the school, it is clear that leaders are passionate about improving the life chances for the pupils in their care”: we want this to continue with your leadership
- Our happy and enthusiastic children really want to learn and achieve
- Our school community is diverse and friendly
- Our supportive staff team are committed to providing the best opportunities for our children
- Our parents want their children to enjoy school and learning
- You will have the full support of our SLT and our open and reflective approach to improvement
- We are committed to sustained professional development and support where every teacher has a voice
- We have particular strengths in Art and in IT
- We have a fantastic and improving building and facilities with excellent transport links
To see more of our lovely school, please take a look at our website www.kender.lewisham.sch.uk or see our Twitterfeed @KenderSchool.
We would love to welcome you to our school for a visit. Please call the headteacher, Keith Barr, on 07545 923514, to arrange a school visit.
Closing date: noon, Friday 20 May 2022
Blind shortlisting: Friday 20 May 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 May 2022
Kender Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.