Salary - SC5 - £25,578 - £29,966
Permanent - Full Time
London Borough of Enfield are looking for an Activity Coordinator to work alongside the Activity Lead at Bridgewood House based in Enfield. We are looking for someone with creative flare and out of the box thinking to help organise events, outings and activities for our residents. From tea parties to gardening, crafts and more – no two days will ever be the same as you support our residents to try new things and ensure they feel connected with the wider community.
What will you be doing? Here are a few key parts of the role below
- Undertake fundraising activities and help organise outings to the wider community.
- Work together with local community groups and the wider local area.
- Organise varied activities within the home to cater for a variety of interests and life stories for individuals, small groups and larger numbers of residents.
- Bring fun, ideas and energy into our residents’ lives.
- Build good relationships with the staff and outside providers at Bridgewood House.
- Arrange key events throughout the year, such as seasonal celebrations and charity events.
We are looking for someone who is friendly, welcoming, entertaining and who ideally has experience and understanding of the care sector.
- Has a friendly and caring attitude and is genuinely interested in older people
- Has good communication skills both verbally, non-verbally, written and listening.
- Good planning and development skills
- Good computer and IT skills
- Is proactive, passionate and a supportive team player, with experience of maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Good time management and is reliable.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures in the organisation and CQC guidelines
To work alongside the Activity Lead to provide person centred activities to people with dementia, learning disabilities and nursing needs.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Closing at 23.59 on 15th May 2022
Interview Dates: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Bibi Codabaccus on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on Yewande.Ibidunni@enfield.gov.uk