Folkestone & Hythe District Council’s corporate property services department provides professional advice on estate and asset management matters relating to the council’s portfolio, ranging from sports facilities, parks and open spaces football clubs, beach huts, bowling clubs, industrial units, offices and the Otterpool Park Garden Town. This is an exciting opportunity for an Asset Management Specialist to join our team and help deliver a successful corporate property service. This permanent position is well suited to an individual looking to advance their career and take a leading role delivering an exceptional asset management service.
Based within the Estates & Assets department, you will work closely with all areas of our property and buildings teams to ensure the Council’s assets add value to the core operation of the Council. This will include generating revenue and capital income from the corporate property portfolio through effective asset management and related projects.
What will you achieve in the next 12 months:
- Delivery of a new asset management software system and responsible for continual improvement of the system.
- Take control of the Council’s water and energy accounts and identify opportunities for environmental savings.
- Ensure compliance of the Council’s assets in relation to Energy Performance and Display Energy Certificates.
- Take a leading role overseeing the Council’s beach hut provision service and identifying opportunities for concessions across the district .
- Ensure continued delivery and improvement of the asset management framework.
- Ensure that the Council’s asset data register is kept up to date, relevant and meets data standard requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest best practice and legislation in estates and asset management and applying these principles to our everyday activities.
- Become a valued member of the team, having a significant positive impact upon the management of the Council’s corporate property portfolio.
Recognised by Best Companies as an outstanding organisation to work for, we have a real focus on staff engagement, health & wellbeing and development, and offer a benefits package that includes corporate membership and reward schemes, an Employee Assistance Programme and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme. We have a flexible working culture and the successful candidate will also have a flexible can-do attitude. The work is home-based with occasional travel throughout the Folkestone & Hythe district required. You will have experience in an asset management background and have worked within a relevant industry for a number of years, and will be able to demonstrate this through relevant qualifications gained along the way.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Helen Hensel, Estates & Assets Lead Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all completed applications 12:00pm on 10th June 2022
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided below. Please note that we do not accept CV's without a fully completed application form.