The Customer Services Directorate are seeking to fill one part time (22 hours per week) and two full time (37 hours per week) Customer Service Advisor posts to work within our Customer Service Team – Our team provide a first-class service to our customers ensuring the highest standards of customer care are maintained at all times.
Services currently handled by our Customer Services Team include: Cleansing; Environmental Health; Car Parks Council Tax and Business Rates; Benefits; Planning & Building Control; Elections; Housing and Switchboard.
To be part of our skilled and dynamic team, you must:
- Be willing to work as part of a team to provide a high-quality service to customers
- Be performance driven and able to achieve performance targets.
- Have experience of working in a pressured environment preferably where advice, guidance
and problem-solving skills have been exercised on the telephone as well as face to face.
- Have excellent telephone answering, communication and IT skills
- Be of a flexible nature
- Be a quick learner and willing to develop and learn customer service processes and procedures
- Be able to use a variety of computerised resources to access and process information
- Be able to develop good working relationships with the Customer Services Team and other services within the Council
- Have enthusiasm, drive, commitment, and reliability
In return, you will receive an extensive and structured in-house training programme including a training mentor, an excellent package with progression through the pay scales based on completion of training and development activity and a very good working environment.
Please note that this role is subject to a basic disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Role will be predominantly office based with some homeworking (which is subject to review).
CLOSING DATE: 22 May 2022 - 23.55pm
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE: week commencing 13 June 2022
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.